Not a big fan of it, but have a transfer tool an Aerospace part, so changes to part design or material composition would take an act of congress or worse. Have tried a few different mold steel treatments to no avail. There is allowance to use an external lubricant and I have some success with plain old Econo-mist but it does cause some visual defects (most notably splay) if applied to close to the gate.

The part is directly gated into the top surface of this deep drawn 6" core of approx. 2" diameter. Core does not have proper cooling because the mold builder put 4 ejector pins up the center of the part. My limited experience with deep drawn cylindrical parts with little draft is that ejecting on that surface just doesn't work.

We welded these ejector pins into the core to eliminate pin push on the top surface and added more pins to the flange/base area, but it sticks hard to the core unless some spray is used.

Material: Ultem 1000

This is a low EAU so I am looking for alternatives in external mold release sprays before looking at more mold modifications like adding air blow assist or poppet.

Any one have some suggestions on a good release spray for molds running Ultem at 300°F?