Thread: Conditioning of Nylon parts (Zytel PA66 101L)

Conditioning of Nylon parts (Zytel PA66 101L)

We have a project the will run Zytel PA66 101L, the customer is asking to boil the parts at 80c for 8 hours. Has anyone had experience doing this? I know that nylon will stop absorbing moisture once it comes to equilibrium. My pass experience was to just package the parts in a box lined with a plastic bag, add water and zip tie the bag shut. Years ago I remember a nylon part the we put in hot water, but I cannot remember the length of time...

Re: Conditioning of Nylon parts (Zytel PA66 101L)

At 80°C you won't be boiling,but do what the customer requires within reason! There are different conditioning scenarios.

KOM

brent

Re: Conditioning of Nylon parts (Zytel PA66 101L)

A clear defined test method and procedure will be your key!
    Boil parts and weight them at hour increments and look for a curve or trend, and then justify why you may only need to boil them for an hour or two etc (if at all).
    Or compare these results to your original method of packaging parts in a watered down zip tied bag.

Been in a situation to build "boil proof" parts out of PP, which is a flawed statement because the heat deflection was 88C for this material and there was absolutely no changing.
    A very creative test method and procedure was the solution