Thread: Color Streaks!

Color Streaks!

Hello everyone!

Could you help me identify what these color streaks are? What could have caused these and what could be the ways to address this properly? Thanks a lot!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	color streaks.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	243

Re: Color Streaks!

Those look like unmelted plastic/ But not sure. One of them is not a streak but a seems like a chunk of plastic.
    Regards,
    Suhas

Material might not be melting sufficiently I would try increasing barrel temp profile or increasing back pressure.

If you can get a material data sheet from who ever made the material and see what the melt temp is, then check your barrel temps and make sure they are set up right, I agree with the other guys, it does not look melted sufficiently, but that's a guess. I also wonder when u purge the barrel what the plastic looks like, is it streaky then or does it look normal, actually after u purge the barrel is a great time to see what the plastic temp is. If u have a thermometer with something u can stick in the middle of the purge pile and get the temperature of the plastic right out of the barrel. I agree with increasing barrel temp or back pressure and see if it changes, but find out what the material is suppose to be set temp wise. if your combining more than one material or color u need adequate mixing most of the time, back pressure will help with that, screw speed along with back pressure will make your melt temp hotter also. Good Luck