Thread: Mim

Mim

We just had a lay off at my plant and I am looking around at other jobs. Seems like a lot of places around here are doing MIM. Anyone in the group had any experience with it? I have heard it is pretty much like thermoplastic just you have the sintering to deal with afterwards. Any good books on the subject or articles anyone knows of? I have Suhas's book, but haven't finished it yet (I have extra time now!), but it doesn't show any MIM in the index.

Re: Mim

All the best with your job search. You should be up and running in this economy very soon. Post on LinkedIn. Also mention your geographical area, someone may have something, never know.

Yes, I am Thermoplastic guy, sorry no silicone or MIM.

Wish you all the best.

Regards,
    Suhas

Re: Mim

Suhas,

Thanks, I had 2 very good prospects for jobs within hours of walking out of the previous plant. Not too worried about finding a job. Just one of the more interesting jobs is dealing with MIM. By the way what I have been able to read in your book is awesome! And to your point I am in the Portland/Vancouver/Salem area. I am actually in McMinnville, OR but very few people know where that is unless you tell them it is where the Spruce Goose is at. Posted on Monster, Indeed, and going to post on MoldingJobs later. Three head hunters are looking around as well.

Thanks,

Ian