Thread: New and need help

New and need help

I am working on a proto type for a fastener. This fastener will be exposed to all outdoor elements. It is a pin and grommet that push together. We currently run it with a nylon 66 IM8 HS that we got from a local molding company. The part works fine with this materiel but the price is a little high. What would be a better choice with a better price. Thanks
    I know very little about plastic.

Re: New and need help

Hi,
    I think Nylon is your best choice. However, what you can do is to contact a material supplier such as Polyone and ask them to find you an alternative grade. If the requirement does not need high mechanical properties you can see if you can drop the filler if any.
    Regards,
    Suhas

Quote Originally Posted by Tool_man1979 View Post
    I am working on a proto type for a fastener. This fastener will be exposed to all outdoor elements. It is a pin and grommet that push together. We currently run it with a nylon 66 IM8 HS that we got from a local molding company. The part works fine with this materiel but the price is a little high. What would be a better choice with a better price. Thanks
    I know very little about plastic.
    Check Prospector UL website for various materials. You can probably find your material, and search others very similar to it.
    Has a pretty cool property search function if you have the Plus account!

https://www.ulprospector.com/propertysearch

Chris

Thanks guys!

HI,i saw your thread, that is simple ,You can use soft PVC material or a kind of special material for prototype to make that ,a ,pls add me erichengch for more details ,we are professional in that ,and in China,we have mature material supply chain to solve it ,also the mould is more pricise to advoid the marks...such kind of issues .
    Eric from sachimolds