Thread: Reset Clamp Position on a Cincinnati VT

Reset Clamp Position on a Cincinnati VT

Hi All,

I just received a Cincinnati VT 165 Ton injection molding machine and I'm trying to do the set up for a new mold. I would like to know how I can reset the "Actual Clamp Position" because it seems to be off. When the mold is in the machine and the clamp is closed the value for the Actual Clamp Position is not zero and have a value of 0.82 in. The machine runs well in manual mode, but when I try to run a single cycle an error message pup up.

I would appreciate any advice on how to reset the Actual Clamp Position in this types of machines

Thanks,
    Patric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0071.JPG  

Re: Reset Clamp Position on a Cincinnati VT

Your linear potentiometer could be out of position. It can be found in rear of clamp section of machine. It has a long channel aluminum housing and small diameter rod that rides in housing. You might have to disconnect and move until you see "zero" on screen for clamp position,with clamp fully locked. Then tighten down unit!

KOM

brent

Re: Reset Clamp Position on a Cincinnati VT

Brent,

That would be correct, assuming the the mold height was set properly for the new tool that was put into the press.

1. To set this, clamp tools into press.
    2. Close the mold in setup mode until mold is completely closed.
    3. Read Actual mold position (in your case it shows 0.82 inches).
    4. Change Mold Touch position to the actual read out.
    5. You are done, you have to tell the press where the halves are using mold touch to allow the press to build tonnage at the correct time.

Let me know if you have any other issues.