Thread: Sabic NORYL GTX NX0031

Sabic NORYL GTX NX0031

Hello,

Thanks for the add! I was wondering if anybody has ever molded Sabic NORYL GTX NX0031 resin before? I'm having issues with runners wanting to shave when the valve gate pins close. Then when the clamp opens the little pieces of plastic that is laying in the drop sprinkles out on to the surface of the cavity when the clamp opens and then molding in to the next part. It's kicking my butt. Looking at the runners they are all chewed up also. Any ideas?

Re: Sabic NORYL GTX NX0031

Hi We had similar problem we fitted a air blower as we didn't want to spend any cash and it worked.

Hello,
    That does not look like a material problem to me. You must look at your tool. I have molded the material before with no problem. You need good polishing on your runner systems and cavities.
    Get the Sabic rep to come in and look at your process.
    Get a different lot of material to eliminate if it is a lot to lot issue.
    Regards,
    Suhas

Good afternoon! Thank you for the reply. We mold several other parts with this resin and I don't have that issue with any of them. We do polish our runner systems but the part of the runner that looks chewed up is the drop tip where the valve gate pin shuts off. I'll also have you know that if I leave the valve gate pins open almost like a open drop, the runners are smooth. We have replaced all the valve gate pins as well. I've thought about adding a blow off system to the robot but given the H Fairing part design I wasn't sure if it would just blow the little pieces of plastic to another area of the part and mold in to it still. May still be something I'll have to look in too.

Guys,

I thought I would share the knowledge on my current situation. As I stated above, we replaced the valve gate pins in the mold. We ran it yesterday for the first time since the pin replacement took place. The runners are now smooth as silk. I went back to our tooling department and reviewed the old pins and there was a lot of wear on them. So the valve gate pins weren't seating off all the way like they should from what it appears. The issue with this resin is it sets up super quick and it's solid. Just so everyone knows, there's a lot of work that goes in to them Harleys so stay safe and don't crash!