Thread: DME Mold Mate tip issue

DME Mold Mate tip issue

We recently got 3 new mud tools in and they utilize DME's mold mate hot drop. He already have 30-40 mud units using the same system but there are a few that give us issues with the hot drop tips.

The tips tend to unscrew themselves over time and "Come Forward" in some instances the tip hits the ejector and breaks.

Has anyone experienced this issue and how have you been able to overcome it. I've been exploring trying thread locking gel or seeing if sealant tape would help lock the tip in place.

Re: DME Mold Mate tip issue

Hi- Yes we've had the the same problem with our DME Gate Mate hot tips. DME suggested installing their wear resistant screw in tip, and it seemed to work. Be warned they're expensive.

We got the same Response from DME, For us that meant jumping from the $120 tip to $497 Tips. which would be a $ 27k investment on out part.

I've been working on a design to modify the tips, and turn the injection hols on a slight angle counter clock wise which would hopefully tighten the tip as it works.

I used tiny roll pins tapped down into the open area but up against the flats of the screw in tip. If it turned it would force itself (the flat on the tip) against the roll pin but the outside of the roll pin would engage against the inner ID of where the tip screws in- if that makes any sense...