Thread: Hot runner nozzle type

Hot runner nozzle type

Hello,

We have problem with hot runner nozzle tip geting "sanded off" druing molding and after a while tip is to far from gate and material is frozen. We use PA 6/6.6 GF 30. Our supplayer offer us some "Bromilium" nozzle tips who have good conductivity but they dont have any hardness or steel ones with high hardness and low conductivity.
    Is there any other material who can be used for makeing nozzle tips?
    Is worth changeing supplayer and investin in TZM (Titanium-Zirconium-Molybdenum) nozzle tips?

BR,
    Nemanja

Re: Hot runner nozzle type

Nemanja I would suggest you purchase the usual tips but have the wear resistant coated. I worked in a shop that ran polyester with lots of glass and they had to make the tips from carbide so they'd last. But surely someone can put like a DLC coating on them so they'll stand up the glass better and run longer.
    How big a mold is this? I wonder if a new manifold with a valve gate might last longer?! Just a random thought.
    Rick

Hi Rick,

Mold is 2 cavity around 17ccm3 per shot. Main problem is that mold was desined for other and stroner macine, but for some reasons in other company they wasent able to produce. So now i have situation that i needed to do lots of ajustments on mold and machine (aswell as puting some aditional parts on mold), and therefor we are in delay for production so no additional mold changeing are possible. Now i need to find shortest and best way to enter in serial production.
    Today ill put steel tips and we will see resaults.

BR,
    Nemanja

At the end DLC coated nozzle tips win.
    I needed to try with steel tips but production is not possible (management always want to find cheaper way).
    Thanks for help.

BR, Nemanja.

Thanks for sharing your findings and keeping everyone updated!
    Rick.