Thread: Arburg 170 allrounder emergency shut down problem

Arburg 170 allrounder emergency shut down problem

I was warming up our Arburg 170 allrounder today. I manually (via the pendant) moved the platen mostly closed to load a mold. I had warmed the oil but the band heaters were not on yet. Once I bolted the mold in place, I turned on the heater. It went into emergency shut down.
    The e-stop button is a bit sticky so I pushed it on and off a few times. It appears to be working but the machine won't come out of shut down mode.
    Everything seems to be working. If I hold the relay switch, I can turn the pump on. If I hold the start switch, I turn the heater on. It doesn't seem to matter if it is in manual or automatic mode. I reset every relay. It is recognizing when the door or nozzle cover is opening and closing.
    Any suggestions on what to try next?

Re: Arburg 170 allrounder emergency shut down problem

I haven't worked on but two Arburgs. So I think maybe your e-stop isn't resetting even though the switch isn't down. We went round and round with an Engel one time to trace the control voltage through EVERY e-stop. Then we found a loose wire inside the cabinet, in the first terminal strip!! I've had other machines lose the control voltage through e-stops on the panels, inside the frame, electrical cabinets, and robot pendant. Not forgetting the step on, drop bar or mechanical closing safety circuit.
    Rick.