Thread: Injection Locations

Injection Locations

Hi Guys,

Another question for you. the proposed location for adding some ribs would be directly opposite of the gate location. See the picture. If the plastic is injected directly into the rib, (from the opposite wall) are their any major concerns with doing this? The wall is 3mm the gate is a pin point 2.5mm gate. the ribs run the length of the part and are 2mm wide by 4.5mm high. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Injection Location.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	4.5 KB 
ID:	130

Re: Injection Locations

I don't see a problem with this. Jetting is the only slight concern, but I think the rib is short enough to prevent it.

Make sure rib has ejection on it. It will over pack and stick in the mold. How much draft are on the ribs? Draw polish them good. Did you state resin? That may make a difference to tool dimensions, finish, and water temps. Really not sold on this based off the small picture and not able to see the entire part.
    Rick.

Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately I can't really share any more than that snippet for the picture, and have to remain somewhat vague on the exact details.

Draft I can play with and can probably get up to 5 degrees on it. Resin is a PC/PBT. I have no problem with the toolmaker adding as much ejection as they can along this rib.

I'll highlight the concerns with the ejection back to the toolmaker.