Thread: barrel temp overriding

barrel temp overriding

I have one zone overriding. no visable voltage going to bands,solid state relays,can't find any short. any ideas?

Re: barrel temp overriding

While running?

You need to put a current clamp on heaters and prove no power on heaters. Solid states fail in two modes. NO power, or small amounts of power leaking out to the heater band. Without a current clamp you'll think there's nothing issue.
    Now is this happening ONLY when running? If so then it's got to be shear/frictional heating. What's the resin, barrel settings, screw and back pressure settings. Slower screw rpm can help prove shear issue. Raising zones around this one may help. Is this causing bad parts or shutting down the press?
    One random thought: Has the press had any work as of late? Might be crossed sensors or heater bands.
    Rick

Thank you,I did check all of those things rick,I ended taking checkring apart and found the ring was not the correct length which caused the frictional heat because I was forcing the material through too tight a tolerance. I ended up remachineing the ring and now is working good. Thanks for all the help people. I wish I found this blog years ago. I will definitely be recommending it to all my friends.

Thanks Flash.
    This is Suhas, owner of this forum. Please do spread the word. I am sure a lot of people can use help.
    Regards,
    Suhas