Thread: I need a Boy machine expert

I need a Boy machine expert

I have a Boy 15s machine from 1974. I would like to know if anybody knows of somebody in North Jersey that can show me how to use the machine? I have had some experience with a late '80s Nissei. I can get Boy in here but they charge $140.00/hr. + travel. If I can get somebody local in the $80-100.00/ range that would be great. Not sure if the machine functions as it should, because I have no idea how to do a mold setup. Machine is under power.

Thanks in advance,
    Rob

Re: I need a Boy machine expert

Long ago I used to run a 1985 15-ton Boy. Injection speed was set with a hand-turned needle valve (so the set-up sheet would say “injection speed – 3 ½ turns counter clockwise”), ejection stroke was a fixed distance and controlled by a timer – so if you wanted more than one stroke you adjusted the time so the ejectors had time to go forward and back twice, three times or whatever. Everything else was controlled by limit switches on slides. Setting the clamp position was always an adventure – seemed like it always wanted to slam shut or else it wouldn’t clamp up at all.

Sorry I can’t be more help. Good luck!