Thread: Design improvements the mold

Design improvements the mold

Hi guys... Some help me.
    I need maker one mold the injection for product the image.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pdt.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	121

I'm projecting one mold for extract the product with help the 2
    piston hydraulic. But, my product is very big, and i would have to user the very large cylinder.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mold.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	122

Please.
    Someone knows a mechanical system that helps decrease the cylinder force.
    Example make the bipartite male. How?
    I hope help me.
    thankyou

Re: Design improvements the mold

So I've spent a few harmless brain cells on your problem. Here's my plugged nickel's worth. Husky injection molding machines had an interesting ejection system at one time. They used four hydraulic cylinders but only two were built with full ejection stroke. The other two were used to assist with the initial ejection force generation and once moving the other two should have enough power to finish the ejection stroke. The short cylinders assisted with getting the parts broke free of the mold and when they reached end of stroke, the ejection would be faster than using four cylinders due to the reduced oil requirements. As far as mechanical systems go I ran long textile bobbins years ago in molds just like yours. They used a mechanism to raise ejection speed and force at the end of stroke. On the top of the mold, a lever struck the mold base and the lever multiplied the speed and force at the last ~10 mm of stroke. They worked well as long as they stayed greased and be mindful of the brand/type of grease used. Cheap grease will migrate from the overhead ejection system down into the cavities.
    Rick.

WTF -- vuvuzelas??
    I vote for new tool design - turn the split line about 90°

Pilot. That would require a clamp opening stroke of what 2-3 times his design? He may not have a press or production time available the make that work. I ran lots of textile bobbins built very similar and most molds were 13+ years past their production life span.
    Rick.

thank you.
    But, how was make this mold the bobbins?
    do you have some pictures.