Thread: RFQ's

RFQ's

Hello Guys,
    I'm new to mold injection and have made solid parts in house for two years using wax and silicone tooling.
    I'd like to move to mold injection for all of our lamps grills electrical enclosure and I am looking for vendors,
    with that said; this may or maynot be the right place tom post parts for RFQ.
    I apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
    we our the manufacturer of the New Trans am , transmadepot.com and tranamworldwide.com
    all of the side markers grills lamps and lenses are made in house and we need to outsource them for mold injection and or RIM as necessary
    So, how would you recommend I move forward with submitting all the aprts for all 4 model's of cars to one group of experienced mold injectors!
    Again, thanks Troy

Trans Am Worldwide
    4308 Aviation ave
    Tallahassee, Fl 32310
    904-838-9150
    TransAmDepot.com

Re: RFQ's

Hello Troy,
    Thanks for signing up here.
    As I understand you are looking for a molder to mold your parts. If that is so, there are several things you need to look for in the molder. 'Price only' should never be the criteria.
    Yes, an RFQ would be a good start but before that you must go audit about 5-10 molders you think are suitable, see what parts they mold, what secondary operations they have, what quality systems they have, what tooling and processing capabilities they have, how long have they been in business and so on.
    The list will go on but I think you get the idea.
    Suhas