Thread: Screw and barrel storage

Screw and barrel storage

Hey guys I am trying to come up with a new way to store our screw and barrels. We have a limited amount of space for the amount of screws we have and I was thinking of making some kind of storage where the screws stand vertical. Have you guys ever seen or used this kind of system to store your screws ? if so does it work good or do you guys have any other ideas? pictures would be great Thanks, cdot

Re: Screw and barrel storage

I've seen it used with small machines with no issues. With the larger diameter ones it doesn't work well because of the weight and length. These were stored in their shipping crates in a rack that was wider at the base for the larger/heavier ones and to create the lowest center of gravity. Barrels I've not seen stored in any method other than shelved in their crates. Probably to keep them
    Rick.

Re: Screw and barrel storage

Usually I have seen barrels and screws put on a "A" frame shelf (I'll see if I can find a pic of what I'm talking about). Don't forget to wrap your barrel and screw in foam wrap, just in case anyone would have a possibility of knocking them off! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image_1468.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	88 Something like this...