Thread: Definitive guide to pressure curves

Definitive guide to pressure curves

Hi currently learning pressure curves and looking for the best resource to best learn these, is their a book or website that will teach me these.
    thanks

Re: Definitive guide to pressure curves

Hi,
    Your best resource are the pressure sensor technology people such as RJG, Kistler or Priamus. The main skeleton of the curve is the same, but every mold is different and hence you may not find literature on much of this.
    Sorry, can't help more.
    Suhas

Re: Definitive guide to pressure curves

Down,

I would definitely agree with Suhas with going and taking classes at RJG to learn what all of the pressure curves mean when looking at a graph. I'm assuming based on my experience that you are probably using E-Darts because that is the only hardware I know that has that functionality, but I'm sure there are others. The main thing to remember is that all molds are going to working slightly differently as far as what you will most likely see, and also what kind of sensors you are using. Are you talking just pressure from the machine, or in-mold cavity sensors? If in mold, if process control is a major concern where you work, then you would most likely apply sensors at the gate and at the end of fill in order for maximum process control. Thanks.

--Robert