Thread: collasible and expandable cores

collasible and expandable cores

Hi,
    I was wondering what everyone thought about these as compared to a rack or inserts.

Re: collasible and expandable cores

Mopar Guy- we need to become fast friends as I too am a Mopar lover. Still got my 79 Lil Red Express though when it's done the Grandson will be driving it in the future.
    I've seen them used and they were used to make external threads that were RH and internal LH threads on a sample part. The part looked great but I think I'd order at least two sets for any mold. Production and repair set. Just in case.
    Rick.

Hi Rick- Thanks for the reply, we're ordering our second set now. First set did not last long. There is no forgiveness with these at all. Love those Lil Red Express. Pretty rare up in NY. I've had a '70 R/T for 20+ years. It's been in storage for 3, maybe this year will get it out again??????

Mike

My first Mopar was a 66 Dodge Coronet 440. Then I had a 70 Plymouth Satelite. Last Muscle car was a 78 Aspen R/T, then the Lil Red. Still got the Coronet, Aspen and Lil Red. Just need to restore them all now!
    Glad those cores work although they seem to be a little on the fragile side. Your resin glass filled or use lots of injection psi.
    Rick.

Rick-
    Nice to here you were able to keep those nice rides.
    Cores are very fragile! running glass filled nylon --

Could you raise the melt and mold temps to reduce the glass wear on the mold? Just a thought but if not then I see many more mold sets in your life.
    Rick.