Thread: hot runner

hot runner

Some injection mold makers are capable of making their own hot runners. The advantage is that one company can take full responsibility of the entire mold and it reduces the hot runner price.

To make a hot runner requires standard tool making equipment such as a radial drill, cnc machining center, a surface grinder, a cylindrical grinder and a cnc lathe. All heater elements can be bought and a person qualified in electrical wiring can connect them to the temperature controller.

The materials required to make a hot tip hot runner are P20 for the manifold and H13 for the nozzles and insulators. The nozzle tips are usually made from a copper alloy but can also be made from H13 and thru hardened for long life

Re: hot runner

Hello Sarita,
    Please tell us your question.
    Thanks

Hi,
    Yes, the question is missing here.
    According my experiences is not good way to choose the toolmaker with own hot runners. Especially in automotive it is realy big disadvantage.
    In case, that you need a urgent spare parts, (for ex. heater for manifold), thea are not able to send it ASAP, because it is not on stock. .. and a lot of parts has to be ordered in subcontractors.
    In case, that you have a standard solution, the spate parts are available quickly.

Or ????

Pilot

Hi Pilot,
    As far as I know,most hoturnner system components are standard,very few is customised.
    the co-founder of PIM plastic mold

yes, I think same way, I never see this kind behavior ,

Hi ,
    I am takling about it ...
    If they are using standards components...... yes, why not.
    ....anyhow usually is broken nonstandard component :-) that is law....

Hi,
    for hot runner is always best to have atleast one of spare heaters in stock in company (as well as all other parts that can be broken on tool), and when one is broken, ASAP order spare. in that case reduce stpage time from few weeks to few hours (in my case China to Europe).
    In some cases is best to have bigger safety stock, if parts are broken more often.
    In case of bigger safety stock is not realy important if part is standard or nonestandard.
    Best regards,
    Nemanja.