Thread: Purging Compound

Purging Compound

Hello all,

I was just wondering if any one here has tried any purging compound from a company called Chem Trend? I'm currently working on a new program that is made out of PA66 Nylon utilizing a orange concentrate. I'm experiencing a lot of black spots/specks in my parts and need some tips on some good purging compound to get the screw, barrel, and hot runner clean. They claim this concentrate can be mixed with your resin and run through the system to dissolve and clean it.

Dave

Re: Purging Compound

I hope you can dedicate this press to running only this job or light colors. You can get carbon streaks from most every resin and colors. The only real means to remove such contaminants is by tearing down the unit and cleaning it all out BEFORE you start production.
    As far as running purging agents through a manifold, I've used another brand for that (PDQ) and had good results. You can mix that one in your base resin as well.
    I must admit I've never tried Chem Trend. When you run it, please let us know how it worked out.
    Rick.

Re: Purging Compound

Rick,

Thanks for the tip on the (PDQ) brand. Once I see the results of the Chem Trend I'll post them.

I know the best way to remove the deposits is a complete tear down. It's just a bummer because of it being in a large tonnage press and very time consuming for the tear down, but would definitely be worth it if things work out well for this program. Hopefully I will be able to dedicate this job to this press only; as long as I can talk the owners into seeing it this way. (LOL).

Dave