Thread: valox

valox

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble molding valox 420 seo around electrical pins. I've heated mold & pins and done everything by the book and then some. I get cracks between pins a day or sometimes two after they are molded. As this is a new mold, and it was a part previously purchased overseas, I starting to wonder if I'm using the same material for this job. I've opened gates to the point where I may want to move them closer to pin area? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Re: valox

Co-incidentally, I have worked with Valox 420 a lot and also written my overdrying paper based on some findings I had. I also did a LOT of connector molding. I can hear some purists shouting right now since I am using the word overdrying because it is more like 'over exposing of the resin to the hot and dry air' - OK agreed. Valox needs 4- 8 hours of drying per the datasheet. I think even 8 is too much, Check the moisture and limit the drying.
    For the issue you are having, I would do 2 things
    1. Dry fresh resin just till the moisture level drops to what is acceptable. Mold some parts and look at them in 2-3 days.
    2. Look at the venting at the bottom of the pins. That will help.
    Let us know.
    Suhas

Re: valox

Could it be oil on pins from stamping? Molded in stress? I've ran Valox but not for over molding. I'm grasping at straws for an answer on this one.
    Rick.