Hi all,

This is my first post and I might be in the wrong place but I had to start somewhere...

I have a product that I want a case made for. The product is about 110mm x 80mm x 20mm but the final dimensions may very slightly.

The best way to describe the case I have in mind is like a CD case, or even a old style video tape case but in a completely non standard size. On the inside it would just need 4 pins or lines to slot the product in. It should close like a cd case and clip shut. It will need to be strong enough to survive Royal Mail and on the outside it will need a sleeve to hold a cover.

I have looked into existing media cases like minidisc and cassettes, etc and nothing is quite the right size to hold the product. The idea here is to have the case as compact as possible for strength. Only a very thin leaflet will go inside and the details and instructions can fit on the rear cover.

I don't want to go into what the product is, as my edge here would be a descent case! The existing competition ship it out in flimsy cardboard sleeves. I am confident I can sell several thousand (5k) at least products in a year, but to make it worthwhile the case will need to come in at a maximum of 40p per unit.

I wanted to start by asking if anyone can point me in the right direction as I have no experience in this sector. Provided what I purpose is feasible of course? It's smaller than a DVD case so I can't see why in terms of plastics they couldn't be made for about 10p but because it needs to be custom designed, how would I go about making mould and getting them made, etc, etc

Thanks in advance for any help!

David