Thread: I intend to buy a Minishot 2 injection moulding machine and need a mould made.

I intend to buy a Minishot 2 injection moulding machine and need a mould made.

Hi

I am thinking of buying a minishot 2 moulding machine. I would like to produce small ABS boxes suitable enough to hold and seal 18650 batteries. The case would be 44mm * 84mm * 24mm . Wall thickness would be 2mm and ABS is the intended material.

Firstly, I know nothing about injection moulding and this is just and idea at the moment.

My questions are

1) would this machine do the job for me.
    2) once I have the mould is it relatively a simple process?
    3) What sort of money would I expect to pay for a mould capable of producing ABS cases as shown in the picture.

Thanks for your time.

Justin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2711.jpg   IMG_2713.jpg  

Re: I intend to buy a Minishot 2 injection moulding machine and need a mould made.

Hi,
    I think you are still looking for an investment of around $30K to $40K - I do not know the complexity of the mold but I would think so. This would be the cost of a mold and a 'simple' machine. I suggest that you contact a local molder and he will give you a better idea.
    Sorry can't be of more help.
    Suhas

Cool Re: I intend to buy a Minishot 2 injection moulding machine and need a mould made.

Hi Justin,
    AS Suhas wrote. Best was is contact any moulder around you.
    But. As first you have to have a goooood calculation or bussines plan. On the base of this you can recognise, that cheaper way can be other - to buy product in market.

Regards
    Pilot