Thread: IMM and Robot connection

IMM and Robot connection

Hello everyone,

I am facing with a problem about the communication between the Robot and IMM.

I have a robot with Euromap 67 standard and IMM from Japan, they dont have the same standard of communication so i have to do a modify, but i have been stucked at the signals (from robot: mold area free, permit mold close and from IMM: mold close interlock, cycle start). i have no idea how to connect these 4 signals together. If anyone of you have experienced on this please share with me!

Thank you very much!

Re: IMM and Robot connection

I think you only need to send permit mold close from robot, ejector or core move out/forward and return; from the press, cycle start for the robot, mold open, ejector/core IN and OUT and cycle stopped.
    I've not integrated too many robots short of a few Fanuc and they were very easy with the press. Most of them I work on are integrated and from the OEM of the machine maker.
    Rick

what interface is on the press ?

Thank you, Rick!

Hi ijchan,

The press does not have any standard interface, that why it makes me so confused.

what is the make and model of the machine, do you have schematics or electrical prints?

Most likely you will need extra hardware to make it work. Maybe get a quote from the manufacture to see what they will charge to add it on

Hello,
    if you have euromap protocol - connector on both, and the robot or machine was already used before (so you dont know history) you have to check the connection of each individual signals once again.

SO take protocol and on the machine signal screen check with electrician, how the euromap is connected and if it provides ok signals.
    Then do same on robot.

This can be one of the mistakes that some "clever predecessor" may change the signal connection so they dont match standard euromap 67 protocol anymore.

this happend to me personally before.
    J.

Hi Jendaff,

Thank you very much for the advice!