Thread: Cincinnati Milacron VT-220 "Ejector not fully retracted"

Cincinnati Milacron VT-220 "Ejector not fully retracted"

Greetings Molders,

So I am experiencing a new issue with my VT-220 molding machine that keeps giving us an error of "Ejectors not fully retracted" and stopping randomly during cycle. Sometimes it will run a few shots just fine, or it can happen during injection, or during screw rotate, or even just while the machine is sitting during the cool down phase. When it happens the cycle stops and we have to continue manually until the next cycle is ready. I have monitored the settings on the ejector screen and nothing changes, everything is where it should be even when the alarm pops up and the ejectors are all the way returned as they should be.

Could this be the transducer going bad that is connected to the ejector plate or something else simple that I am missing?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Richard

Re: Cincinnati Milacron VT-220 "Ejector not fully retracted"

maybe look at the core pull/dummy plug wiring, especially around areas that it flex when the platten move.

Re: Cincinnati Milacron VT-220 "Ejector not fully retracted"

Check the center bolt that ties the ejector cylinder to the ejector platen. Often times that bolt will loosen and as the clamp start closing the platen will drift forward coming off the set point.