Thread: General Plastic Injection Ladder Logic Diagram Needed

Lightbulb General Plastic Injection Ladder Logic Diagram Needed

Hello All.

I am upgrading a plastic injection molding machine for my company. The original PLC code was corrupted and the company has no backup. We have another plastic injection molding machine, but the ladder logic diagram is in Japanese.
    I am looking to purchase, or looking for a well documented plastic injection machine ladder logic that I could translate over to most of my machine functions.

We are using proportional valves for Hydraulic Pressure and Volume(flow) control. I am driving these valves with Axiomatic Solenoid drivers connected to an analog output card. The timing of machine functions, as well as speed and pressure setting areas are my holdups at this point. This project will actual be my first experience programming a PLC, any help would be appreciated. I have scoured the internet and only come up with generalized ideas of how a plastic injection machine should operate.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PLC new.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	189.8 KB 
ID:	441Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PLC new.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	189.8 KB 
ID:	441

Re: General Plastic Injection Ladder Logic Diagram Needed

I sent you a PM

Re: General Plastic Injection Ladder Logic Diagram Needed

Hi
    I was reading your post from 2 years ago about ladder logic, etc.
    Did you ever receive an example of the logic for a plc?
    I am just about try retrofit a Sandretto and some example ladder layout would be a great help if you have a record of your machines plc retrofit.

Regards
    Daveelc