Thread: New to the Page & New to Injection Molding, after some advice

New to the Page & New to Injection Molding, after some advice

Hi All,

So I have joined to hopefully get some advice and guidance on a project I am looking to do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220101_115325.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	582

I'm looking to try and make golf ferrules and just wondering if this is possible. I haven't yet purchased a machine as I wanted to come on here first to gain some advice of what to go for.

Thank you in advance for any advice it's much appreciated
    Scott

Re: New to the Page & New to Injection Molding, after some advice

Hi,
    first of all please do a robust bussines plan including a financial calculation. I am afraid, that only this product is not enough...

Hi thanks for the reply but I'm not looking at doing this as a business its more of a side hussle/hobby. I'm just interested in seeing what I can create.
    Is this forum more for people wanting to do this as a business?

Hi,
    There is a many holes you can trow your money in.

My pocket has one

letīs be serious.

The shape is quite clear to inject, good draft angle, solid wall thickness, nothing special here.

you just need to solve what properties should product have -> determines plastic you will use.
    and then technique of painting, that shouldnīt be such a problem, just additional work station.

but if you do it one step with robot (taking out parts from cavities and paint when holding them out of machine, it can be be quite nice production).

Note: what Pilot mentioned,
    if you donīt have a stable customer and long fixed contract before you start, there is a little chance that this will be anything more than fun for a lot of money.
    Simple rule here - the simplicity of the part determines your concurrence = anybody can do simple part => low selling price.

off note:
    yesterday I was quite shocked. My wife brought home a special training stuff awarded by hundreds of awards, like ecology award, 10000trainers use it award, etc.
    the product was simple. Imagine a hard foam polystyrene roll in diameter 80mm and length 200mm, with hole inside.
    (BTW. Super for neck and leg after-training stretching)

Cost of this was 15 eur!!! Iīve said, hey darling you just throw away 14,95 euro.

She stared at me

Iīve said, yes production cost of this is 0,05eur.

Her answer:

Why you donīt do that instead?

Ladies

long story short.

DO THAT

J