I have a question about a part I am designing. The part is a flange that must possess a female electrical connection on both the top and bottom of the part. There are two terminals that must connect the two connectors on the opposite sides of the flange. Because of the part's exposure to diesel fuel, hostaform c 13031 xf seems like a good fit for the material. Also, creating a seal is critical, so leak pathways in the part (along the terminals) must be minimal.

However, I fear that the insert mold method may damage the electric terminals (copper alloy with tin plating) and deform them during the process since they are only .8 mm thick and will be in contact with the melt. I feel creating a smaller part to insert mold the terminals and then insert molding this small part with the terminals already in it to the*larger part may work since it will reduce the time the terminals are exposed directly to the high temperature. Will the POM bond to itself in the insert molding process? Or should I not worry about the terminals being deformed and instead just insert mold them directly?

Thanks for any help or advice.