Thread: Old 250 Ton Milacron

Old 250 Ton Milacron

The issue im having is clamp tonnage wont build over 72 tons. I have the press in manual and close the clamp she only makes 72. If i release the clamp close button and depress it again i hear a clunk from the injection unit and she builds 102 tons. I have the ok to post the schematics if anyone has the time to teach me something.

Re: Old 250 Ton Milacron

Hi Chris,
    Is this a hydraulic or toggle clamp?
    Suhas

Its hydraulic.

Sounds like the pre-fill valve doesn’t close until 2nd attempt. Be that a sticking valve or loss of clamp lock up signal I’m not sure. Could even be low pump output pressure or flow.
    I’d check and confirm pump function, then check for signal to valve, valve for sticking and then maybe pressure loss through manifold. One thing is you don’t have any special modes or options turned on do you? Are you sure the clamp is making high pressure position?
    Rick.

hi,
    please have a look also on tool position, if the value is stable and correct setting of tool high… it can be, that point for high press (build the tonage) is not reach.

I appreciate everyone weighing in and helping me out. This press was retrofitted to use a PLC instead of its controller. I had preiously checked the electrical portion and found everything to be good but today i just decided to start replacing cards. I ended up having 3 bad output cards. Prefill was on one card, high volume pressure was on another and open drain was the 3rd.

Just incase someone has a similar issue i wanted to post the fix. Would anyone be willing to share some resources so a man with no knowledge but willing to learn could learn?

I have close similar issue with FM, where it gives feedback error due to auto tonnage mould height reset failure.share solution pls.

The toggle clamps are pretty famous nowadays. I think they are handy because they are easy to use and very helpful.

hmm))))))))))