I have worked through the issues mentioned in my previous thread http://www.injectionmoldingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1441

After getting it to clamp down on a block of aluminum I turned on the heaters and let it come up to temperature (~350) in all zones and manually tried screw rotation, carriage movement, etc. As far as I can tell all functions work.

Now I need to try to set it (Trueblood, 30-ton, screw-type) up to run ABS. I'm working slowly because I don't want to damage anything ... including me. I have only ever used a ram-type machine and this is a home shop/small business type environment at my home.

One resource I could use would be an online document that would cover the entire cycle from clamp to done but, especially the sequence of events during the injection cycle. I "assume" something like:

- (in my case) table rotates lower half of mold into place
- clamp closes and maintains clamping pressure
- carriage moves forward to press nozzle against mold.
- screw moves forward without turning to inject the shot
- 'decompress' happens (I read somewhere that this was to reduce pressure on the 'locking ring' of an internal valve)
- screw rotates packing in the plastic for the next shot, as it rotates a given amount of 'back pressure' (resistance against screw moving backwards, away from the mold) and the back pressure is what packs the plastic and promotes shearing to raise the temperature.
- carriage retracts
- clamp opens
- (in my case) Table rotates
- ejector is activated

The screens I have available to set all this up ...

The main screen:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211004_144801.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	187.2 KB 
ID:	550

Table, Clamp and Ejectors:

Name:	20211004_144818.jpg 
Size:	178.4 KB 
ID:	551
Not all these settings make sense to me but I was able to get it to clamp the mold (block of aluminum)

Inject and Carriage:

Name:	20211004_144835.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	185.0 KB 
ID:	552
No idea if the numbers show are from the last time the machine ran (6-8 years ago) or random numbers.

A (small) piece of documentation I have says that "Primary and Secondary set points are for the fill portion of injection"

There is a manual valve setting on the rear of the machine to set the back pressure.

There is a manual valve setting on the front of the machine above the operator's panel to set the "Injection pressure".

Barrel Heat:

Name:	20211004_144856.jpg 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	553
No idea if the numbers show are from the last time the machine ran or random numbers.

These were the settings I used to test the screw (rotated swiftly) and injection rams.

(continued on next post due to limit on pictures per post)