Thread: fanuc self lubricating toggles

fanuc self lubricating toggles

hi, i have a fanuc roboshot that the grease blocked up when the machine was stood for some time.
    i have replaced the metering valves and the toggle pressure switch. replaced a block feed hose.
    i just cant seem to get the grease to flow through the new metering valves. the pump is creating enough pressure and if i remove a end screw at the last manifold it flows out lovely. i am a bit confused at why this seems to be causing such an issue.
    thank Brad

Re: fanuc self lubricating toggles

depending on the style of metering valve, you typically need to let it pump and build pressure in the high pressure lube line and then let it relax to 0psi for it to dump from the metering system into each low pressure lube line. if the machine have a valve that dumps the grease back into the pump res it will make the process go faster by building pressure than triggering the valve for it to dump. Every cycle it only puts out 1 mm of lube in each line so it will take forever when it is working properly.

Re: fanuc self lubricating toggles

thanks for the reply. well it is a replaceable cartridge grease bottle that runs its own pump. when i have pumped it and finished it will keep a bit of pressure for quite some time but nothing seems to come out. i have lost count of how many times i have set the pump to run which runs for two minutes.