Thread: 1996 Cincinnati VT220 Error! E00077

1996 Cincinnati VT220 Error! E00077

Hello, i have a 1996 Cincinnati VT220 molding machine and it has been running fine. I came in today to find the machine has this error on bootup - Error! E00077. It pops up on screen after it passes phase2 bootup check, it pauses a few seconds and displays this error at the bottom.

Does anyone know of a possible fix for this besides paying a few thousand dollars to a rep to come out just to reload software?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Richard

Re: 1996 Cincinnati VT220 Error! E00077

what is the description of the error? Also does it have a boot card installed? if it does you can reload it without a PC.

Thanks for the response.

So the error description says "MCL/Ladder program is missing or corrupted. Cold start MCL/Ladder and screenware programs, then reload them."

How can you tell if there is a boot card installed?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inked20180620_112557_LI.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	202.7 KB 
ID:	517

photo of the card, it fits in the socket.

I see, that isn't good. if you have a old dos computer they may sell you the software to load it. probably don't make sense to buy it unless you have multiple machines that are similar, i imagine it will be quite pricy and it's not guaranteed that it will load in if there have been previous hardware changes to the machine.

Very helpful, thanks for the info.

There has been no hardware changes to the machine, but about 3-4 years ago i had the same error and they had to come out to reinstall the software. Cost almost $5k just for them to spend a couple hours reloading software, really ridiculous.

yea. call and ask sales for a quote on the software before getting a tech out. I bet travel time is most of that price. it typically take like a hour to load at most unless there are issues.

Richard
    Can you send me the serial number and confirm which controller you have? Also do you have the program for the machine and just need support reloading the program. Where are you located? It might be possible to loan you a laptop with the software for loading the program. We just need to figure how to make it happen. I support The Right to Repair movement and will do what I can to help.