Thread: 250-20 E/P Clamp Close Issue

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation 250-20 E/P Clamp Close Issue

Hello all!
    So I have posted before about a clamp issue that we remedied by replacing an output card for the Prefill Close Valve. Today I ask for guidance with another issue. I've already replaced all cards involved with Clamp Close with new ones to rule out an electrical issue and I've also tested via amp draw that my valves are doing work electrically. To be thorough I've also removed every cover to a Logic Valve to verify that poppets aren't stuck, springs aren't broken and that orifices are present and in the correct positions. I've also removed every valve located on the Clamp Manifold to verify proper working order, orifices present and in the correct location. Now we get to the problem at hand.

I came into work and found a work order for this press stating that it had a Clogged Filter Alarm(which we remedied) and that the clamp would not close. After I've done all the work above I'm still stuck with a clamp that won't close. However, if I remove my Clamp Traverse Valve (which with my little knowledge of learning on the job I have deduced is responsible for sending a pressure signal to my pump to give me more or less flow) I can get the clamp to close up to the Slow Down Point. If I take my Slow Down setpoint to mold touch then I can get the clamp to close.

Before all the work I could bump my Clamp Close button on the controller and get it to move about a .25 of an inch every time all the way up to mold touch and then hold the button to build tonnage. Also, I noticed that in a previous topic posters had tried to help another person with a similar issue and they found it to be a hydraulic safety issue. Now I don't know a whole lot but I assumed the hydraulic safety was the Gate Valve located under the operator side door so I removed it also and verified that the spring was not broken, that my spool could move freely and that the lever was functioning.

Other information you may want to know. It HAD a CAMAC countroller but was "retro-fitted" to be more "up to date". It now has an X20 PLC by B&R inside it.

I've attached 2 photos, one of the schematic and one of the schematic with how I think the flow moves to tank with my lines for flow following the path as if the Clamp were trying to close.

I appreciate everyone willing to help a newcomer to the field to learn something. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20201211_131610.jpg   20201211_131610_ClampCloseEdit.jpg