Thread: Which manufacture has the best after sales support in your experience?

Which manufacture has the best after sales support in your experience?

Hi all,

Extremely new to this industry and interested in anyone's experience with after sales machine support? (General service/ parts sourcing etc.) If you have the time to write about your machine and experience it would be a great help to me in deciding which brand will be my second purchase?

If it were any help to guide me in the right direction I am east coast U.S. Based and looking for an all electric machine.

Thank you!

Re: Which manufacture has the best after sales support in your experience?

Hello,

It would depend on what you are molding, the required part quality, the volumes and so on. There are work horses to mold simple parts in bulk where the quality is not very critical - example clothes' hangars where you do not really care about dimensions and then there are syringes that have tight tolerances and are made in the millions. That is why, for example a 60 ton machine can cost anywhere from $55K to $120K.

Let us know.
    Thanks

I have had pretty good luck with Arburg service and I like their machines. Sumitomo makes a good machine, but I have had some problems with their service however. Engel's service is a little spotty here in the PNW, but I don't know about their east coast service. I used to call a guy in Canada for Engel service and he was pretty good at getting you answers over the phone.

However just like what Suhas said, depends also on what the machine is required to do. Each manufacturer has different things they do a little different and sometimes better.

I have been in molding almost 45 years .I have worked on a lot of different molding machines .I prefer Nissei Molding machines the best .And the service is real good also .Only issue I have had is sometimes you will get a service tech from Japan that is hard to understand over the phone ,But all in all they have always come thru for me ,And the machines run great .It is the one molding machine mfg. that when we bought a new machine we basically rolled it in and hooked it up and started running .

Arburg has always had best service in my experience, a lot depends on your location.

In our cases, Sodick its best, in 20 years technical service just come 2 times to our company vs Sumitomos need more attention to
    we have also sumitomos, Nissei, Jsw,

but as Suhas say, its depend of your situation, depends also the area , in our case I know electricity variances affect our equipment, so I think All electric machines in our case has more issues,

BR

Reasonable margin in dealing with you, long term cooperation relationship attitude from my perspective.
    Thanks!
    Pintuu

Factors to consider

1. Location of closest service technician
    2. 24/7 service if available
    3. Location of spare parts
    4. Spare parts list at that location

In my experience KM/Netstal have been absolutely great with getting technicians on-site. Milacron and Engel usually take a couple days longer to arrive and the ones that have come to our plant are relatively new...so they spend a lot of time in the office on the phone calling another technician.

We struggle at times with spare parts from KM/Netstal that are not in the U.S. warehouse and wait for parts to come from overseas. We have been working closely with them to stock more items that we may need in the future to ensure we are able to maintain our 24/7 operations.

I have a friend that works with Arburg and I know he is constantly traveling to assist customers, so I am sure they do a great job as well! I can't speak for part availability, but I am sure it is just as good.