Thread: Parts sticking to pins

Parts sticking to pins

Hey guys so I canít say an awful lot about it but on a poly job running chiller on the mold I have parts sticking to the pins. The pin witness marks are not prominent and no flash around where the pins are. Iím down half a sec on cycle time to get the press running consistently but I am curious as to what could be causing it. The parts are sticking to just the pins not the cavity and like I said that t shows me no signs as to why itís doing it no prominent witness marks no stress marks from ejection parts are correct sizes and cooling time is within process parameter. I also have the press running consistently by giving more time for parts to fall after second stroke(parts move in and out with the pins until back on second stroke) but I need that half second back and canít figure out where to take it from the cycle

Re: Parts sticking to pins

rule no.1
    Do not touch running proces

Is this a new problem or has it been an issue from day one?

Ejector pins standing proud causing plastic to be molded around them? I've seen this many times, esp. with light parts and/or sleeve ejection.

Sorry to take so long to get back I ran at the slower cycle till engineering got in told them the mold was over packed and after they lowered the shot size down all issues disappeared I knew it was an overpack problem but not being allowed to change things on the injection screen makes fixing it a pain in the rear