Thread: 20% GF PP Warp

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 20% GF PP Warp

Possible to create a cooling fixture so that the parts cannot warp while cooling?

The parts are already warped as soon as the robot drops it in the cage.

PP TF is a solution or the tool must be adjusted to compensate warping.
    I am prefering Mouldflow analyse before any changes.

Is moving to a 20% glass bead filled PP an option?

What about melt temps? Entire mold hotter too? I only see on gate. Where are the others? I know this won’t run a decoupled process due to reminding me of plastic bowl lids; they look like potato chips when you mold them like you should. Since you have Valve gates I'd pack for a short time and shut them. Allowing the mold temp to lower the molded in stress and differential shrinkage. What’s the MF of the resin? Higher might help. Ask do they really need the glass fiber.
    Rick

Sorry, to say but you may need to add some windage to the tool and it may be a little late - not sure.
    Suhas

So again, we were able to convince the customer to switch to a talc reinforced material (TPO) on the seat back that I was having warp issues with. This will not always be a possibility, any tips for gating (size location etc) for glass filled materials?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seat Back Warp.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seatback 2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	453

Sorry Rick- This is the valve gated part. the center pc is the one that is having all the warp. I have tried sequencing them, different pack times, starting to fill this panel first and last. 20% TF TPO meets all customer requirements and produces a flat part... Also better in my opinion all the way around in regards to wear on the machine and tooling.

Any advice would be appreciated.