Thread: Injection Molding Process Sheets

Post Injection Molding Process Sheets

I have a question about process sheets, So I have been tasked with looking into a way to make process sheets electronically usable, and was curious as if anyone else is currently using anything like this. If so is it something that was built in house or is there somewhere to look at purchasing an adaptable program to be able to use to view, save changes, and track and log changes, and have ability to accept or reject changes. I have been doing this for a little over 20 years and all I have ever seen anyone using is paper sheets that has to be managed and manually updated and tracked. I have talked to several people that I know at other facilities and they are doing basically the same thing we currently do with paper process sheets in a process book and managed manually. I have also talked to some others that think we can do it with excel, but that means setting down an logging a lot of hours building it and I am trying to see if there is already something out there. Was kind of hoping with the out reach in the Forum that maybe someone might know of a such program to manage process sheets.

Re: Injection Molding Process Sheets

I know there are some systems. Suhas has an database he sells through Fimmtech that does spec sheets and all the scientific molding worksheets. I have seem them set up in an access database as well. I have used Excel, but keeping revision history can be an issue at times. Sharepoint might be an idea as well. Current place I work at they are kept as an excel spreadsheet in a ERP program called IQMS. I know I looked at a program from TIG that could monitor all the machines, do OEE, and transfer programs to and from the machine. It was pretty powerful, but it does require the machines to be networked and have licenses for certain things ($$$). It keeps revision histories on the docs and allows for only certain people to approve it. The big issue usually is getting it all off of the paper and into the computer. Good luck and hope this helps some.

Any help at this point helps. I will look into the ones that you referenced. Thanks for the help.

We use machine-specific templates that we use to make job-specific set up sheets. Both the templates and set-up sheets are controlled documents, stored electronically in the doc control system. We print out a paper copy with each lot traveler, which the set-up tech fills out with actuals by hand. In practice, the set ups are stored on and loaded from the press, but the techs are required to confirm that the settings conform to the set up sheet.

Last place we did something similar to what JayDub is saying. They were kept in an access database (controlled) and the part/machine specific spec sheets were printed, laminated, and then put in the WI for the techs to use. Didn't work to bad.