Thread: ENGEL CC300 Network Drive setup

Question ENGEL CC300 Network Drive setup

Hi everyone,

Short introduction:
    New member here, my name is Ferenc, working in the injection molding industry since 1999. Right now as a process engineer. We have Engel cc100-200-300, Fanuc Roboshot s* α*, Krauss-Maffei MC3-4-6, machines in the 25-800 ton range. Robots: Engel (integrated), Geiger, Fanuc from RJ3 to R30iB plus, Wittmann. All programmed/setup by me. (I'm working mostly with robots these days)

My question:
    Does anyone here managed to setup a network drive on an Engel cc300 controller? We tested the connection with a crossover cable and static ips but no luck.
    I can ping the machine from the pc, but no matter what folder I share, I got network drive not found on the machine.
    The main purpose behind this is that we want to save micrograph data continuously, and don't want to use flash drives.
    Thanks for any input.

Re: ENGEL CC300 Network Drive setup

Hi Ferenc,

I always recommend to ask at the Engel or generally OEM at first. This kind of information they should provide off any charge.

J.

You will have to name a folder in file named “data” with the serial number of the press. If you use the software that came with the press it’s easy. You can also select the network as the storage location of process data. You need to set that in Micrograph settings.
    Rick.

Thanks for the tip, we tried with that name, and also the service manual says that you need to create a folder with the machine number and a sub folder with the control index eg: 199456/1 but still no luck. What I really don't understand is that when I got the error message on the machine it says something like: Cannot mount network drive 192.168.1.12//199456/1 and I don't understand why there are two slashes. Thanks anyway.