Thread: Mold saver

Mold saver

Good evening! - I’m curious if anyone uses wax paper to prevent your molds from rusting? Recently I’ve been challenged with lowering part to part times. Currently we use a mold saver from slide which is red based. It takes quite a bit of time to clean it all off with mold cleaner and tissues. Generally some molds have crevices that are hard to get too so we typically let it burn off after a couple shots which is also adding scrap to our cost of quality.

Just wondering if anyone uses wax paper for short term storage and long term storage. Thanks in advance!

Side note: also let me know what you guys use and what the pros and cons are. I appreciate it!

Re: Mold saver

I have never used wax paper, but we do use Mold Shield, from Slide. It is a dry rust preventive. We also use the brown can of rust preventive from PPE on our pvc molds since it has an acid neutralizer.

I've never used wax paper on molds... We have to store slides and inserts. For molds we either use the PPE rust preventive or Slide "NO-RUST" rust preventative... Both are clear.

I’ve seen this with German Tier 1’s but’s it’s also an oxygen scavenger and rust prevention paper. We quit using it due to long time to remove before molding parts.
    Rick.