Thread: Toshiba! Your favorite machine?

Toshiba! Your favorite machine?

All,

I've been with my Van Dorns since the 90's love the machines, love the setup, service, parts dept, prompt customer service and more.

We've switched over to Toshiba Ecx Electric in these modern times.
    I love the reliability of the servo driven motors and accuracy in speed, psi, fill times, cushion, etc...
    however the service, tech support, parts dept, lead times, and turn around times are absolutely horrendous.
    Wondering if anyone feels the same way about Toshiba machines if you happen to own any.
    Also looking for feedback on your favorite machine with great spare part turn around for the most part. maintenance, usability, and processing are of no worry on my side, its just spare parts and fixing these things become to be 1 to 2 months to even get simple parts for these.

Re: Toshiba! Your favorite machine?

Similar experience as you with Van Dorns - albeit I've experienced my owes with them about certain replacement parts on older models...

Currently working with five JSW all electric machines and so far, I have no complaints. If anything, it's that their sales reps and service people call us too frequently asking how things are and if we need anything...

I have horrible luck with Sumitomo as far as service and support. Their machines have some odd quirks as well. Not super fond of Engel's service either. I have had pretty good luck with Arburg. I like the machines, their service is pretty good, and their robots are easy to program.

Thanks, I always wondered how Sumitomo Machines are and the how people are liking them.

Thanks, i'm going to check out some JSW machines.

Sumitomos are kind of quirky, ours have been reliable and accurate. I haven't had to deal with the service or parts.
    Toshiba has my favorite controller (The V50) but I think we've had similar experiences when it comes to service, parts, etc.

Just got in our first Wittmann-Battenfeld servo hydraulic, so far I don't like the controller as much but I'm still getting used to it.