Thread: Newbury 100 (H6-100MT) Controller Software issues

Newbury 100 (H6-100MT) Controller Software issues

Hey all,

I have lost my program for my Newbury 100 ton machine (H6-100MT) and we were not given the stock Ladder Logic program when we purchased the machine. We only got the TI Basic file for the Programmable Basic card for our HMI.

I'm curious if anyone has the file for the ladder logic program or can point me where to get it. I have emailed Van Dorn SHI/Demag who I'm reading has acquired Newbury.

If we cannot find the program for this machine it looks like we will be upgrading our PLC system and rewriting the ladder from scratch. Anybody have any experience doing this? Or possibly have used the Click PLC system?

Re: Newbury 100 (H6-100MT) Controller Software issues

There are several companies that do plc conversions for molding presses. I have done several, but only on my own equipment.
    Where are you located?

We're located in Russellville, AR. Have you ever used any Automation Direct products? We're looking at running one of their BRX DoMore controllers with a touch HMI interface that I have started writing the code for.

I have not personally, but I have a pal that does. He owns RSW Technologies, is located in Ohio and specializes in inj molders.
    Just about any plc will do so long it has enough I/O's as well as enough analog I/O's. I've standardized with AB for familiarity.
    A plc is probably not going to be quick enough for closed loop velocity control. I'm not familiar with your press so don't know if it has servo valves.
    A motion control card/module may be required. If it only has proportional flow and pressure valves, you should be ok without one.

I was curious if you got your press re-controlled.

@douginky

We have not yet been able to make parts. However, I have my new PLC system installed. I have been working on programming it now. My ladder diagram is thus far going off of general knowledge of the injection molding process, so it is slow, but moving along.