Thread: Nissei Press Training

Nissei Press Training

As part of our renovations, we are replacing a number of presses within our injection-molding shop. We'll have three electric Nissei and one electric Toshiba. Short of traveling to the manufacturer's HQ for on-site training, do any of you know if there are 3rd Party companies that will train at my location (paid, of course)?

We're specifically looking to bolster expertise on the tact controllers and well-known hiccups, tendencies, etc.

Thanks!

Re: Nissei Press Training

There are a lot of guys who train on site for processing. They may be able to teach stuff about the controllers, but my suggestion would be to get the manufacturer to come in and teach it or fly someone to one of their tech centers. they know all the tricks where a consultant may not. However here is a guy I have used before for training:

Umberto Catignani
    orbitalplastics.com

Also Suhas is a training consultant (the moderator of this forum). His site is fimmtech.com. I don't know if he does any onsite classes and how familiar he is with those controllers. He is pretty knowledgeable however and a great resource.

Some manufacturers offer free on-site training as part of the sale. Even if Nissei doesn’t normally do it, you might be able to negotiate it in the purchase contract.

I haven’t worked on a Nissei in ten years, but the controller then was pretty intuitive, although some of the fine control is on hidden screens & you have to know just where to tap the touch-screen to bring them up. And if you dig in to maintenance type stuff deep enough you may need a password or two. And the manuals suffer from the common problem of being written in Japanglish.

I did a three-day training program out in Jersey. The only problem with it was that Nissei had just upgraded the controller and taught the new version, whereas most of us trainees were working with the older one.

Very nice machines, though.

Thank you both... I had looked at the Nissei facility trainings as one option, but worried the knowledge may not translate to my older machines. Instead, I've called and begun discussions with Umberto. He says "he's the man for the job," so we're just trying to work out details now. The guys at his firm have some serious experience behind them!