Thread: Pack and Hold: Van Dorn pathfinder control

Question Pack and Hold: Van Dorn pathfinder control

Working on a Van Dorn pathfinder control. Hold was not giving us what we asked which was 1100 hold pressure for 9 sec. Pack was not being used at all.I turned it on by setting it at 9 sec and the only setting for pressure was low, medium, or high. As soon as I turned that on the hold graph hit every set point for the hold pressure. Does anyone know if the pack pressure settings run off of the hold settings or is there a page where I can control it separately. Thank you

Re: Pack and Hold: Van Dorn pathfinder control

I've found turning the closed loop control off helps pack and hold issues. Also setting the Pack and Hold under VOL to 40 works for me (second image). Think it just changes the rate at which you transition into pack and hold.
    Not 100% sure, these old machines confuse the hell outta me.

Here's a setup that works great for running lots of processes - using machine pressure in % isn't ideal, but calculating the ppsi isn't a problem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inj2.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	387Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hold3.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	388Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hold1.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	389

Thanks for the help much appreciated. I will definitely look into it but I'm on the same boat with these older presses. They can be pretty confusing

I think half the battle in molding is just figuring out each manufacturers quirks, terms, and where that flipping screen is you need!