Thread: Ejector keeps breaking

Ejector keeps breaking

Hi,

I have a very strange problem. The ejector is breaking very often, do you have any ideas what could be the problem?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	79c89be5d8e67bb6678e1496a1bb2edb.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	365

Re: ejector keeps breaking

There is not a lot of information to work off of, I would start looking for possible a mechanical stop or stops either in the mold or machine that is out adjustment causing a bind or stress during the forward stroke. Check the return stroke to verify the ejector is not trying to return farther then it is mechanical possible. If the machine you are using has more then 1 ejector cylinder? Has one of the cylinder shaft come loose or backed off at the connection point. Does the mold have guided ejection and are those guided points lubricated. Be sure to check the lubrication points in the mold and the movement of the pins in the mold. Something is causing an unbalanced stress during the ejector stroke. I have seen situations where a single bolt in the mold ejector didn't get tightened and back out causing a bind. Another possibility is something falling into the ejector box. Let me know what you find......

Re: ejector keeps breaking

Do you mean this coupling, the tool, pins or lifters,blades, or return pins?
    Rick

Re: Ejector keeps breaking

Hello Bryan,

From the picture it seems the ejector bar which is connecting to the tool. If I had a correct understanding.

As I experienced I seldom met this problem.

Some tips below hope can be helpful to you.

● ensure a smooth ejection without shooting any plastic in specified tool temperature. running the tool with free shooting for at least one hour to check if there is
    functional problem for ejection.

●If possible, fit the tool in a tool requested temperature, higher temperature for fitting would be better to avoid any problem due to the expansion with heating.

● Ensure the ejector system on the tool has good reliable guide pins, small tool, 4 sets, big tool 6 sets preferred.

● check the ejection force on the machine, if it is too big, correct the tool is necessary.

● check if there is any spring pre-loaded, the bigger pre-loaded might be another factor for the breaking off.

Hope can help you if you have further problem, pls let me know.

Br.

D C.

Re: Ejector keeps breaking

Btw, if there is some small ejectors, maybe it is the case for the breaking off.
    Show us more picture, maybe we can help.

DC.