Thread: Hot runner cleanİng

Hot runner cleanİng

HelloŽeveryone
    how do you clean hot runners when changing color. I tried everything but still the rejected products number is high.

best regards

Re: Hot runner cleanİng

Hi,

We use purges 459 Plus and it works pretty well. You have to let it sit for 5 minutes then purge it out. For very tough jobs I would give it two rounds, and still might have to throw away 10 or 20 shots at start up. You can use it on hot manifolds as this was from their website:
    Effectively cleans the barrel, screw, check ring, as well as hot runner systems and is safely processed through hot runner gates as small as .030-inch (.75mm).

They will likely send you a free 20lb sample as will other companies that make purge compounds.

Joel

Typo Correction........We use Purgex 459 Plus!

thx, Joel

There are several great purging compounds available but my favorites are PDQ from Slide, Asaclean, and Dynapurge. Though on the last two you need to use the card correct grade for the resin.
    I really think you need to tell us all the steps used when purging because that is the mistake most people make. Last note: Some manifolds are not good at changing colors because the manufacturers were not told that during the start of the project.
    Rick.