Thread: Thermolator question

Thermolator question

I saw something back in the 2000s at Sabic's facility where they were running hot water during injection and then switching to cold water when injection was over. The idea was to get the cosmetics you need with the hot water, but still be able to cool it in a reasonable amount of time. I have an odd project that might be a fit for something like that. Does anyone know who makes it...I can not remember who made it unfortunately.

Re: Thermolator question

Interesting, never heard of this

Could you increase melt temp to achieve similar affect?

I haven't seen it in use but I've read a few papers on something similar called Variotherm or Rapid Heat Cycle molding. In these, they heated the mold to near the melt temp then cooled it for part ejection.

Many companies make them though I think Frigel is still one of the biggest players. Piovan is another name that comes to mind. I think Engel has used either Single or GWK for their booths.
    Rick.

Thanks guys, knew someone on here would know something!

Chris Process, It is a MIM application and the material doesn't have much of a temp range and is sensitive to shear. The part is very thin wall and we have issue filling it without causing separation in the material and inducing warp due to built in stresses at higher velocities. The thought was to run the mold hot so it doesn't freeze off and then cooling it so we can get the part out of the mold.

hi, Try to find company ONI.de They have a one simple product FlowWatch and one fully sofisticate flowcontrol, which allowed it.