Thread: Arburg Questions

Arburg Questions

I have recently started a job where I must oversee and support production for an injection molding machine (specifically and Arburg 275 V 100 Horizontally Configured). Our company has only had this machine for less than a year, so no one here really understands the machine, and we only have support from some techs at some of our other plants. I have done my best really focusing on root causes of the defects, and trying to implement, but there are some things I cant seem to figure out about the machine from the Manual.

Where can I find the Delta P of the machine? From what I have read in the manual I cannot set Delta P, but it would be nice to know what it is, so I can adjust my settings accordingly

The Temperature Zone nearest to the hopper is that in the feed zone or is it after? I have read alot online about keeping the Feed Zone below 140F to prevent bridging, but the programs that have been set up have it far above, and I am not seeing any signs of bridging.

What is the screw pull process like? The maintenance manual is far too vague to attempt it, but I am getting a lot of signs that the screw has some bad material on it that doesn't get fully purged out.

Re: Arburg Questions

We have one 90's vintage Arburg and the rest are newer. It is fairly simple to pull the screw on them. The feed throat needs to be set lower than your barrel temperatures. The feed throat has a water jacket around it to keep the material from bridging above the screw. I am attaching a screenshot to show where it is on our newer Arburgs. The old one is an old Multitronic and I would have to run downstairs to get a photo of that one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Feed Throat.jpg  

Mine doesn't have any temperature control like you are showing. It has "scale cooling divisions for support housing"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	330

I haven't seen one like that before. It does say "manual adjustment" on your screen. They do have some water valves on the back side of the machine near the injection unit. Is there a manual valve for the feed throat there?

Here is a picture out of Arburgs manual. Should be on the back side of the machine. I imagine your cooling water for the feed throat is controlled from here. This one shows a few manual and a few electric valves on the same manifold.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cooling manifold.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	331

Thanks I went through my manual again to figure out which of those regulators was for the feed throat. I have eyeballed that panel several times before, and the symbols weren't very clear. It appears they sell an upgrade option to have it regulated via SELOGICA . Mine just has a manual valve with a water temperature, so I don't have the best control over it, but at least I will be able to do some control rather than no control.

What about Delta P? How have you figured that out for your machines? Reading through some of the marketing wank it says that it intelligently compensates for DeltaP issues, but I am not sure looking at some of the pressure graphs for parts I have ran.

If you are talking about the hydraulics we have electric Arburgs so we don't have to worry about that sorry. I know they have a interesting option on some of the hydraulic machines where they pressurize the other side of the injection cylinder so that it responds quicker. Not sure which option you have on that one.

I will go look on my machine, but I believe the water circuit for the feed throat should have a symbol of the injection unit with a snow flake. If it is worn out you can chase lines I guess. Just not the most fun as I think they run through a channel on the backside of the machine.

I imagine they could upgrade it so that it is controlled by a solenoid valve. Should be the valve, some wiring , a thermocouple, software, and possibly a card if it doesn't exist already. Not sure the cost on that, but depends on how much control you really need.

If you contact Arburg they are usually pretty helpful if you have questions on different things about the machine. Hope this is helping you.

Usually you have all info what you need on few screens in "monitoring" part of menu (yellow one). Pictures shows just some of options that you can monitor. Maybe because im so use to Selogica, but i really like it.

Regards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ARBURG_2019_01_31__08_29_15.jpg   ARBURG_2019_01_31__08_29_19.jpg  

Hi.
    You have to looking for p4055- this is max. injection pressure actual and p305 is set pressure. If you substract them you get your delta.