Thread: surface texture call out for P.C. parts that will be painted Prost production.

surface texture call out for P.C. parts that will be painted Prost production.

Any help on this would be appreciated,

New tooling for PolyCarb part that will be painted. Part is flat and I can add as much draft as needed to demold so no concerns there. Need a surface call out for this tooling though can I get away with a B3 is that enough for postproduction paint to adhere? or do I need to t-blast/ Bead blast it and if that is the case then what's the call out for that? We pad print P.C. and it has a pretty rough surface in tooling but have done no post-pro painting.

Thanks again

Smile Re: surface texture call out for P.C. parts that will be painted Prost production.

I experienced many request about painting from customer, e.g, high gloss painting, EDM painting, graining painting etc.It seems all is ok. For material PC, we usually use VDI 3400 REF. 24. VDI 3400. REF. 27. About the adhesive issue with polish, it seems graining ( EDM and chemical graining) is much better for HMI products. With regarding to the draft angle de-moulding of P.C, I would like to say the bigger the better, smaller draft angle easier get scratches issue. Hope this can help.

PS: B3 should be belonging to polish category. EDM surface seems better.
    Last edited by Derrick; 21st January 2019 at 06:34 AM. Reason: for clear