Thread: Screw does not ship

Screw does not ship

Why doesn't the auger take a dose of polycarbonate? There are no problems with other polymers. Engel injection molding machine

Re: Screw does not ship

Might need a little more information here to get you a decent answer. First thing are you drooling out of the nozzle tip? Are you running out of time on recovery? Is this when you are manually turning the screw or in automatic? I am assuming you have adjusted temps, screw rpm, and backpressure to be in the correct range for your material? Is the material feeding into the feed zone fine, not hanging up in the feed throat? Probably could come up with a few more questions, but should be a good start.

I'm launching the molds. I'm taking a dose, but the auger is spinning. The pellets are not transported to the screw tip area. The auger does not capture the granules. If I create a load on the material, the pellets are captured by me, and transported. This only happens on the PC

Just to clarify, when you are saying you are creating a load manually. Are you pushing down on the material in the feed throat?

Probably has to do with barrel temp profile and back pressure. Also what is your feed throat temp? I'll use 150F for PC. too hot material will tack together in the feed throat preventing material from entering the barrel.
    On many machines there's a back pressure selection for running in automatic and another back pressure setting for 'manual' screw recovery. Make sure you are using back pressure for both settings - if this is what you are referring to.