Thread: HAITIAN -- YES or NO?

HAITIAN -- YES or NO?

Considering Haitian purchase. Yes or No? Pros? Cons?

Any feedback would be helpful!

Re: HAITIAN -- YES or NO?

I haven't really used one before. I did use one however as part off a machine test while job hunting. Seemed OK, but changes to switchover position and injection velocity didn't track the way I thought they would.

Re: HAITIAN -- YES or NO?

Joe,

I used Larger tonnage Haitians for about 2 years. 1100 to 1400 Ton Range. These machines ran well for the most part, actually running better than our Engel presses as far as less maintenance issues. Any maintenance issues that did come up on these machines were all mechanical issues, whether a valve needed to be replaced, or there were issues with the locking cylinders (this was a design flaw and was fixed by Haitian at no cost to us). If you are looking for a machine that will run and have minimal issues then these will run fine. If you are looking for a press that is high speed or has very tight repeatable shot to shot, then they may not be the right press for you. These machines were very cost effective but you get what you pay for, you won't get the most precise and fast machine out on the market, what you will get is a workhorse that will just keep running. It really depends on your budget and application you want to use the press for. I hope this helps, let me know if you want other information.